Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Eli!

 

 
 


 






We decided to have a low-key birthday for Eli and Evan this year.  Although I was having Mommy guilt for not doing more to celebrate, I tried hard to plan a very special day for Eli.  I let him decide the day's activities and he took advantage down to picking out what we ate for breakfast!  He woke up to a table full of gifts (thank you, family!) and some decorations.  Of course, we opened gifts first thing in the morning.  Later we went to a place called Monkey Joe's with giant inflatables and the kids had fun, even Bryn. He rarely took off his policeman dress up costume (thanks, Aunt Mandi and Uncle Michael) and played with the rest of his toys all day. We ended the celebration with dinner at Qdoba, Eli's pick, and came home for cake and icecream. I made Eli a race car cake and although he didn't like it (sigh), he seemed to like the look of it!  We finished the day off with a big bubble bath.  It may not have been the world's most memorable birthday, but we hope that he felt loved that day! This is a big year for Eli and we can't wait to experience it with him!  T-ball, flag football, KINDERGARTEN...here he comes! 

No comments: