Part of why I'm struggling with our upcoming move is the fact that I have made some amazing friends here in NKY. We all have kids the same age and we have been raising them together, so we have a very special bond. We get together often with kids and without and every time we always laugh until it hurts.
Eli loves his "buddies" and is becoming aware of what it means to move- we won't be around for playdates any more. He is starting to cry some and says he misses his friends already. Evan is still young enough that he isn't attached to anyone just yet. Of course, Bryn is oblivious. Cory is pumped and can't move soon enough!
Emily kindly hosted a send-off cookout at her beautiful home over the weekend. It was bittersweet- we had a blast and so did the kids! There were lots of tears and I will miss each one of these special ladies so much. We girls keep saying that at least it's only 2 hours away. We can plan trips to visit each other. And I look forward to that already!
Sarah, Emily, me and Alix
I love this picture! The only one missing is Bryn and she was sleeping. :)
Eli, Owen and Finn
Mini roller coaster was a big hit. Literally. Several times kids were getting nailed standing in the way of the fast moving car! It was cute though and they seemed to still want to ride it over and over.
Some pics Cory took of me and my kids before heading over to Emily's:
No comments:
Post a Comment