Eli's best bud at school was Alex. His mom Carolyn and I became really great friends the past 9 months too. Not only did we see each other 2x a week at the school, but we also hung out a lot outside of those school walls. We have a lot in common, including the fact that she is a SAHM too which made getting together easier. Carolyn was a former interior decorator (still does some small jobs occasionally) and she helped me pick out some things for our new house, such as the paint color for all of our rooms. I was so thankful to have her help! She is a very genuine, kind person and has been a great friend. I'm going to miss seeing her.
When we moved to NKY in 2005, I literally didn't know a soul. Wow, that was a lonely time, especially with Cory working so much. My first friend was Lauren McClain, the wife of an old HS buddy of Cory's, Ryan McClain. Lauren was in a similar place in that she was new to the area too, although they live north of Cincinnati (so a bit of a hike between our houses). When I first met her, I thought, "Is this girl for real?" She was just the sweetest person I probably had ever met. And I befriended her instantly and quickly learned that yes, this is who Lauren really is..caring, loving, a great friend. I value her friendship so much and although we live about 45-50 min apart, we both make the effort to see each other when we can. We have been through a lot together over the past 7 years. Love this girl!
I'm not sure why, but I can't find any recent pics of us together. I thought it would be fun to post these old ones though- one of she and I (I look horrific..can't believe I'm doing this to myself) and one of newborn Gwyn and Eli (10 months). And look at those two goofballs together now! When we met it was just us and our husband's hanging out. Now we have 6 kids between us!
No comments:
Post a Comment