Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I love this woman!

Aletha Skaggs (aka Ms. Allie) is very, very special to me and my family.  She works at the gym where Cory and I have been exercising for 7 years and I have been teaching Spin for 2.5 yrs.  She has a lot of responsibility there, including running the childcare. That's how I first really got to know her-  I dropped off Eli when he was a baby.   Something about her was comforting and for some strange reason, I had immediate trust and respect.  Eli loved her from day 1.  Now, 4 years later Aletha is a loving, familiar face and we consider her like family.  All 3 kids adore her and Bryn now even recognizes her as someone safe and loving.  We had a recent incident when Aletha had to help with a school field trip and some new girl was watching the kids.  Apparantly, Bryn was hysterical and when Aletha walked back to check on them and picked her up, Bryn immediately stopped crying.  She snuggled into Aletha and was instantly comforted. Aletha got a good cry out of that! :) 

 Aletha watches my kids outside of the gym too and is always so trustworthy and reliable.  She is the person who I called when my water broke with Evan and I needed someone to watch Eli on short notice.  There was no hesitation- Aletha was there within minutes and stayed until the middle of the night when family arrived.  She has made dinner for us multiple times, showers us all with a ridiculous amount of gifts and spoils us all rotten.  What a blessing to have met this incredible woman.

We all love her dearly and will miss her being a constant presence in our lives.  Okay, now I'm going to go cry.  : (


At our House recently:



Watching the kids at the gym:



She brought Eli to a pumpkin patch when he was 20 months old:

No comments: