Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bryn's Arrival






I have always dreamed of having a daughter and I was blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl born on my birthday.  Bryn Marie is just perfect in every way. 

She came into the world on November 30 at 8:38 am via a repeat c-section.  The delivery went well and she was born healthy and screaming (music to our ears).  Words can't describe what it's like to see your baby after carrying her for 9 months.  Instant tears!  Bryn was a little peanut weighing in at 6 lb 15 oz and was 19 inches in length.

I had a hard time with this delivery with a lot of nausea and drowsiness.  The surgery went well and Dr. Willett did a great job, but we later learned that my hemoglobin level was shockingly low.  It was at the lowest a level 7 when 12 or above is the norm.  A blood transfusion was discussed, but ultimately it was turned down.  We opted to just take iron pills and slowly let my body adjust. It has been difficult to say the least, especially having 2 little boys to take care of on top of recovering from surgery, painfully breastfeeding a newborn, and not sleeping well.  Because of this, my mom (and dad) are staying longer than originally planned to help out.  They have been an unbelievable blessing!!  I have no idea how I would have managed without their help. Words cannot express how thankful I am to have loving parents!

No comments: