I am so appreciative of my life as a SAHM! I can't imagine having to drop off my kids at daycare and only seeing them awake for a couple hours in the evening. I feel for those parents that don't have any other option. There are definitely times when I need a break and feel like I'm losing my mind, but I truly love and enjoy being around my kids most days.
Some things that I appreciate are the fact that I can take my kids to parks, museums, to SCHOOL (!), to library classes, etc. And Cory and I both feel like we have a very strong love-hate relationship with his career and work schedule. It is very unpredictable and because he works a lot of evenings and weekends, it really has been hard on us to be able to do things with other people (with normal work schedules). We have had to pass on so many opportunities because he has to work. Cory has missed a lot of functions and events, which has been disappointing for us all and difficult for me to have to take all 3 kids by myself. With that said, it has been nice having him home during the day at times! We get to spend some time together when crowds are minimal and things are quieter. I've at times been able to volunteer at the schools and pick up Eli from his 2:30 dismissal without having to drag the other 2 kids. Cory can spend some QT with Evan and Bryn, too. Our attitude on his schedule really depends on the day and what is going on! :) But, one thing for sure is that I am so grateful to be a SAHM.
I get to take Bryn and Ev to library classes:
She really does love it, don't let this stink face fool you!
And I get to volunteer at the schools! Here I was on Eli's school field trip to a pumpkin patch/Apple orchard with him last Friday. Aren't they cute?!:
No comments:
Post a Comment