And so it begins! Eli is now officially in kindergarten at Stonegate Elementary School. He was so excited to begin K and couldn't wait to ride the bus. The first day of school was very emotional for me (and Cory, too). I'm not going to lie, I cried my eyes out!! There were a lot of emotions I was feeling. Happy, scared, anxious, sad! I was happy for Eli b/c I knew he was thrilled. The next phase in our lives, school-aged kids, will open up a whole new world for us which is something to look forward to. I am glad that he is so confident and wasn't scared in the slightest, yet that also made me sad knowing that he is that eager to move on from his family. We had next to no information from the school district about beginning K procedures and that caused a lot of anxiety for us.
Letting your 5 yr old spread their wings and trusting people you do not know at all care for your child FT is scary. Fortunately, Eli's bus driver seems very kind, competent and attentive. His teacher seems very sweet and loving and that was a blessing! We already have heard from her how well-behaved, polite and caring our Eli is at school. Such a great report to receive.
Changing our normal routine and not having Eli around during the day any more was sad for us, yet I discovered a positive in this change. Eli is a very dominating figure in our house and now that he is in school, things are a lot more calm and quiet. We get the opportunity to see Evan in a different light and it is just great! He shines! And honestly although he misses his brother, we also think Evan enjoys the attention and role change. Ev and Bryn are already forming a neat friendship and play all day together.
Next major event is that Evan starts preschool after Labor Day! Let the tears flow again!
No comments:
Post a Comment