Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trip long overdo!

Many people know that Cory works nearly every weekend because of moonlighting.  It really stinks, but it is what enables me to be a stay-at-home mom.  I am very thankful for that.  With that said, it is rare for us to get the opportunity to get out of town for more than a day -including being able to visit our parents.  Because of this and because of Bryn's birth we haven't gone to Evansville to visit my family since August.  Even then I had to go with the boys by myself.  With our move to Indy quickly approaching I didn't see a chance that we would get to go until the summer, so I braved it up and made the trip with all 3 kids by myself again (3.5 hour drive).  All I have to say is...whew!  It was tough.  Evan was crying 5 minutes into the drive down and that lasted 90 minutes.  I would have loved to have seen that trip as an outsider.  I was attempting to throw back crackers to him, which I missed and it made him cry harder. He was crying for me to hold him and I obviously couldn't do anything to help.  Eli was crying his eyes out for a long time when we left Memaw and Pepaw's.   He was yelling at me to turn the van around and go back.  At one point, I was trying to reach back and fix the TV for Eli...and was unsuccessful.  I changed diapers on the floorboard of the van, nursed Bryn in the front seat and cranked up the volume when the crying was driving me nuts. Bryn actually did really well with only a few episodes of crying.  It was all worth it-  we had a great visit once we were there with beautiful weather to enjoy!  And we made it there and back safely. 

The boys LOOOVE Jake the dog. 

Good times on the riding mower with Pepaw!

Ev saying, "Look Mommy, I'm driving!"

Bryn and I hanging out on the patio

No comments: