Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eli's First Day of Preschool

 Our big boy started preschool today at Gloria Dei Preschool!  We are so proud and happy for Eli and know he'll just love school.  He'll be attending school on Tues and Thurs from 10am- 2pm.   We had a Meet the Teacher Day last week and Eli's teacher, Mrs. Birmingham, won us both over!  She is an experienced teacher with 5 boys of her own, all grown and all very successful.  She is a hugger and is very sweet.  On the first day of school she gave Eli a big hug and kiss as he was leaving and told us he did great.  He grinned from ear to ear!  At one point in the day, he told me that his teacher said to always have your sleeves rolled up. And he said, "Don't forget that, Mommy!'  God I love that kid. 

Getting Ready for School:


We have really talked it up for Eli, so he was pretty excited about starting.  He picked out his breakfast, watched his usual cartoons and then picked out his shirt.  Of course, he had his backpack on about an hour before we needed to leave!  Little Evan was excited too and wanted to wear his Elmo backpack that Memaw had bought him last time we were in Evansville. 



At the School:




As you can see here, Eli got a little nervous but no tears.  He did great!  When Cory and I picked him up, he was busy playing and didn't act like he was in a hurry to leave.  Whew, Success!!  


There are 10 students in Eli's 3-yr old class and most are boys!  Only 2 or 3 are girls- it just worked out that way for some reason. As we were walking out of the building, we asked Eli how he like school and he replied, "Mommy and Daddy, I made new friends!"   And when I asked him what their names were he said he didn't know.  ha! I'm sure that'll change soon.

1 comment:

The McClains said...

SOOO Cute! I'm glad it was a success! Little Eli is such a cutie and Evan is a doll! You are a lucky momma.