Family Moments:






Mommy and Daddy's Trip:








Evan's Trip:












If you notice, the perspective is me looking at Evan in a rear-facing car seat. I spent most of the trip in the back seat with the boys. I was trying everything and anything to keep Evan happy, so I gave him the much-loved cell phone in a desperate moment. :)






Mommy and Daddy's Trip:There definitely wasn't much romance on this vacation, as you can imagine! However, every afternoon when both boys were napping Cory and I would relax at the pool. When I booked the resort, I asked for a floor on a lower level in hopes that the monitor would reach outside. It did too, so we were so thankful!
Cory and I will never forget Eli's reaction when we first arrived in Myrtle Beach. He was giddy! He kept saying, "Ooooh, I'm so excited!" When we walked out to the beach and he saw the ocean, he had a huge smile on his face and sort of giggled and said, "whoa!" It was priceless! He enjoyed collecting sea shells, playing in the waves (as long as one of us was holding onto him) and he later became obsessed with the hot tub. He also loved playing football with Daddy in the kiddie pool. He talked a lot about how he was so brave being out in the ocean with big waves. Those memories will be so special. Unfortunately, we will also never forget how big of a pain in the butt he was during this trip too! He definitely proved to be in the "terrible 2's" during this vacation. He was a handful and had us pretty stressed out at times (that's not supposed to happen on vacation!). Part of his behavior was attributed to the fact that he caught Mommy's virus and wasn't feeling good. Even though he whined and cried a LOT, we think that he had a great time nonetheless. We loved watching him play and experience something so new and exciting.








Evan's Trip:Evan was a trooper and adjusted well to our crazy "schedule" while on vacation. He caught a mild version of the sickness I had too and he got a little congested, but handled it well. He loved sitting in the sand and even thought he would take a taste! He learned quickly that he didn't much care for that new food. We were glad to have our cute little baby there with us.











The Drive:
It was difficult at times to keep the boys entertained and happy on such a long drive. I think I might have been tap dancing at one time. he he! Overall, they did great though!

A Richard Scarry book kept Eli entertained for hours. He fell asleep reading it to Stinky.
If you notice, the perspective is me looking at Evan in a rear-facing car seat. I spent most of the trip in the back seat with the boys. I was trying everything and anything to keep Evan happy, so I gave him the much-loved cell phone in a desperate moment. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment