Many of you know that poor Ev had a heck of a time as a baby and toddler. He had skin problems and allergies that we tried to figure out and manage. He was tested at 18 months and we found out then that he had a very mild allergy to cats. The allergist told us to get him tested again when he's between the age of 4-5. Over the past couple of years Evan has had reactions to random environmental things so we decided to follow the doctor's suggestion and get him tested again.
As you can see below, we found out little Evan is allergic to several things. Molds (several), cats and horses! The dark spots are just marker dots indicating where the prick was placed on his back. So, they tested him for 24 different allergens. The red bumps show where he was having a reaction to whatever was injected at that site.
Cory and I feel terrible that he is allergic to cats and horses because he was exposed to both the first 2.5 years of his life! Parent award! (I'm also admitting that I'm selfishly sad that he is allergic to cats b/c I'm a huge cat-lover. I reaaaalllly wanted to get a cat as a family pet. sniff)
No comments:
Post a Comment