Friday, May 31, 2013

One More Makes FOUR!! (oh my)

Yes it's true!!  We're expecting our fourth baby, due Dec 6. 
 
Cory and I love being parents and I have always been teased on how much I love kids and babies. And it's true that I started noticing how much (abnormally) I oooh and ahhh over babies and converse with little kids...often total strangers.  So, my friends are not surprised that we are expecting another child!
 
We are a little bit.  Cory and I always knew we wanted a big family but whether that meant 3 or 4 kids was the question.  We were very indecisive on that yet felt a pull towards having another.  Let's just say that we are blessed to not have fertility problems because this baby happened just as I was getting cold feet on the idea of four. 
 
The reaction from many already is "you guys are crazy" and "wow!"  It seems that most families now-a-days have 2 kids and they are done.  3 maybe.  Large families are a dying breed but it will be neat being in that category of families.  We know that it will be a very exhausting, crazy and at times honestly awful having 4 little kids so close in age.   But there will be many more amazing, wonderful and joyful moments and that is what we are hopeful for and excited about. A HS friend of mine with 4 little kids all 22 mo apart said to me when she heard I was pregnant, "Welcome to crazy town!"    I had to laugh at that, but I have to admit the laugh was a little panicky. ha! Like anything else, there will be an adjustment phase for all of us.  
 
And, of course, we are planners.  So we will be finding out the gender mid-July.  :) It will be an exciting day to see our baby again and to learn what our completed family will look like.  
 
The baby's first picture! What a cutie!  :
 

 
We told the kids about the baby during lunch when in B-town last weekend.  They were so funny...shocked but happy. Giggling.  It took them a good hour for it to really set in.  Once it did, Eli started talking to my belly (adorable) and Evan later started talking to my chest (hilarious).  Ev thought that is where the baby was growing. 


 
Eli took those pictures of Bryn and I!  I had to crop them a little, but he did a good job.

What an OMG moment this was!

 

No comments: