This past Thursday was a very tough day for Bryn and Mommy and Daddy because it was the day she had her MRI (and was sedated). Cory and I had a difficult decision to make on whether we even wanted to continue with the procedure. Our little Bryn started to attempt pulling up just a couple days prior to her scheduled appointment! Because it didn't change the fact that she was months behind on that milestone or the fact that she had a physical trait pointing towards a tethered spine, we continued with the MRI because we didn't want to always have that in question.
And on Friday prayers were answered! We met with the neurosurgeon and found out her MRI was negative. It is a strange coincidence that she hadn't been able to stand and she has that dimple on her bottom, but no problems with her spine. We are so thankful and relieved! We still aren't sure why she is so delayed, but you wouldn't believe it if we told you that ever since Thursday's MRI, Bryn is pulling up nonstop. What.a.stinker!
I don't even think at this point we will pursue with physical therapy- we will just let her develop at her own pace.
I do have to comment on what walking through Riley Children's Hospital does to me. I get a lump in my throat looking around. You see precious children in wheelchairs, others pulling oxygen tanks and some bald from chemo. I saw a baby with a huge scar across her head from a recent surgery. Many parents look exhausted and defeated and hollow. It is an amazing hospital, yet it is heartbreaking. It made me realize that our sweet Bryn is perfect. She may be months delayed in standing and walking, but she is still absolutely healthy and perfect. And we thank God for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment