My mom and I enjoyed taking Eli to Build a Bear for the first time this past weekend. Out of all of the animals that they had to choose from, Eli picked the dog that sort of resembles his BFF Stinky. He has been carrying that dog around ever since and even named him Donkey (don't ask). Eli has been picking Donkey over Stinky on several occasions. For example, he used to hate when Evan would try to grab Stinky but now he hands Stinky to Evan and won't let him touch his new dog. When I tell him he can only take 1 animal with him, he'll pick Donkey. Wow, can this really be happening or will this new excitement wear out?
We bought a back-up Stinky a long time ago should something happen to the real one. Everyone who knows Eli understands how important Stinky the dog is to him. He carries him around, takes him places, sleeps with him, and lately plays pretend with Stinky. This picture shows how much love that dog has had over the past 2 years. The dog on the left is the back up, who also has received a couple baths and has had love too. But look at Stinky!! That poor dog has seen better days.
1 comment:
You are so funny! I love stinky. And, I love that the new dog is named Donkey. :) Ha, ha, ha....
Post a Comment