Friday, February 27, 2015

I hang my head...

Months have gone by.  Months!!  I really thought I was going to get on here soon and give a formal "adieu" and apologize for my quitting this blog.  I hate the excuse people give that they are busy because, well, aren't we all?  With that said, this past year transitioning from 3 to 4 kids has been such a fun, wonderful experience but it has been a humbling experience too.  I now admit that yes, my hands are full. And it's hard!  I'm so busy that I rarely stop moving during the day and literally stay up late every night just to have a moment to myself, a moment to catch up on things and if Cory is home, a quiet moment to spend with him. My patience isn't what it used to be. I stopped doing things for myself that I used to LOVE (regularly exercising, reading for fun, THIS blog, etc!) because I just don't have time or the energy for it anymore! I realized that I also needed to start saying no to commitments (and fun stuff) and trying to simplify my life because I was being stretched thin.  It was hard and depressing and I'll be honest and say I feel a little bitter and a self-pity party coming on at times.  So, that is what happened to me the past 15 months!  I still am in the trenches of motherhood and still am living this way, but I'm slowly trying to add a few things back to my life that I miss.  I wasn't happy doing the above and only being a mom and cleaning my house, although some of it was necessary.  It's hard finding a balance.  I mentioned to a few people that I sort of stopped blogging and I felt immediate guilt when they told me that they were very sad by that.  It was their way of seeing pics of the kids and keeping up with our family.  I realized they are right! There is nothing worse than letting people down and so I don't want to be that person!  Even if I can only post a pic here and there, it is better than nothing. I don't need to write long commentary if I don't have time, but I can post a few pics.  Again, finding the balance.  So, I'm back and I'm hoping to be able to add a few things here and there.  I've been maintaining this blog for 7 yrs and I need to honor that...and my beautiful, 4th child Lila Jo!  She needs some face time!   Here are some individual shots of each our cuties. I have sooo many I can add, but I'll stick to these right now.  :)





No comments: