Monday, August 15, 2011

Our Portland Trips

We have to laugh about our recent road trips to Portland, OR.   My good friend Liz moved there last December and I have been saying that I want to visit her soon- definitely before the baby arrives.  Tim played 2 concerts there this month.  So, we thought..how perfect!!   Long story short is that we couldn't figure out the details of the Portland in time for my mom and Liz to ask off work.  So, I didn't get to go when Cory went to Portland, but they ended up having a brother's trip anyways.  They drove the way there to do some sight seeing and flew home. They had a great time together and Tim had some amazing concerts.  Cory was gone a week, so the boys and I went to Evansville for a few days.  

It turned out that the best time for me to visit Liz was the very next weekend after Cory returned! I had to coordinate a time when Liz could get off work, before I was TOO pregnant, and when Cory's parents could help watch the boys.  I flew out to Portland and stayed with Liz for a long weekend (Thurs- Sunday).  It was the first time I had left both boys like that.  I had a great time and enjoyed having nothing to worry about, no schedules to attend to, and I loved having some "me" time spent with a good friend though.


 I noticed that it was like we were in 2 different locations even though Cory and I visited the same place.  Cory's trip was more of a hippie experience, which is really what Portland is like in general.  They saw some beautiful scenery- moutains, woods, etc, but spent a lot of time at the festival where Tim was performing. It was a very neat location for a concert.   Unfortunately, Cory didn't take pictures of the festival.  Liz and I took 2 Spin classes, went on a beautiful hike, visited the coast (only 90 min away), and did a lot of shopping and walking around town.  We went to the Taste of Portland, a spa and even saw a movie, "The Help"  (very good!!) right before I flew home.  A very fun girl's weekend!  Paula and Jeff came the weekend I was gone and helped Cory with the boys- he had to work a lot over the weekend. Eli and Evan had a blast with them!  Thank you, Thank you to my in-laws for taking care of the boys while I was gone!

Cory's trip:





(stocking up for their road trip!)


Jessie's Trip:






Portland's famous rose garden. It was amazing with 550 varieties of roses all in bloom.

No comments: