Goshen Trip:
After our visit to Indy for Cory's interview (see below), we drove up to Goshen to visit Grandma and Grandpa Showalter. The boys were so excited to see them. They got to meet Steve the dog for the first time (LOVED him), they did an Easter egg hunt, visited Granny and got to see Cory's aunt Paula, and Cory and I got a night out while Grandma and Grandpa watched the boys! Thank you, it was very nice to get a kid break.
Goofy Eli trying on Jon's old HS football helmet. We think Paula looks really pretty in this picture too!
Snuggling up with Grandpa
Trip to Indianapolis for Cory's Interview:
Cory had an exciting couple days interviewing with the doctor's at Riley Children's Hospital. He did wonderful and they loved him- he was given a verbal offer at the end of the long day of interviews! The offer is fantastic and I am so proud of Cory. He has not committed to anything yet, but it is something to be excited about right now.
Eli and Evan and I hung out Thursday night with Jon and Sara while Cory went to dinner with his prospective employer. We had fun and Cory had a great evening. Things went south for Team Showalter that night- both boys were up ALL night sick and crying. Eli had croup and his cough was so powerful and loud that he couldn't settle down. Evan was snotty and coughing and crying all night too. I felt so bad for Cory getting so little sleep before his full day of interviews. I had to cancel my plans with friends and spent most of the day Friday in the hotel. It was a long day for us, but we survived.
Eli posing in front of our 13th story hotel room with a view of Lucas Oil Stadium. Riley Children's Hospital paid for us to stay 2 nights in the Westin and they reserved the Executive Suite for us! Cory was in his interview on Friday and I answered the door to a woman delivering snacks, saying "Dr. Showalter?" (of course, I said "yes?"..haha) and she handed me a tray of chocolates, peanuts and drinks. All of these years of hard work are paying off. :)
Uncle Jon and Sara came over both nights to hang out with the boys. They even babysat them after Cory's interview so that we could go to dinner and talk about the day. They fed them dinner and took them swimming in the hotel pool. Ev and Eli adore them and we were so appreciative of the opportunity to talk about things without the interruption of kids!
Ev spent hours climbing the hotel furniture! :)
Cute Pics of the Boys:
When it is very quiet, I know the kids are up to something. This is where I found Evan the other day. He had climbed up on Eli's bed all by himself and was smiling when I walked in and found him like this. He is a little monkey!
Spoiled with a beautiful day where the temperature soared to the mid-80s!
Eli is signed up to play t-ball this summer! We can't wait!!
I had to add this one because this is more common than the cute smiles I post often. Whew...Evan is a handful! Oh my gosh, we love this little guy to pieces and he makes us laugh a lot with his silliness. But those of you that know him well can vouch for his personality that you see above. He gets so frustrated ALL the time and just screams, squeals and cries wanting whatever it is that he wants. At home, if I leave the room he cries hysterically. It can be very frustrating and I'm hoping that this is just a phase. Please say yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment