Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Brings So Much Fun!


Cincinnati Park:

We met our friends the McClain's in Newport and walked over the bridge to Cincinnati to hang out. We had a picnic dinner and Ryan introduced Cory to a great game called track ball, which Eli is holding in the picture. There is the neatest playground there too and Gwyn and Eli had a blast playing and burning off some energy!


Pumpkin Patch:









We went to a local pumpkin patch/petting farm and had a great time. There was so much to do there- feed farm animals, play area, hay ride, pumpkin patch. Eli was a little nervous to feed the animals so Evan, Daddy and I fed them! :) The hayride was fun and we even ran into my friend Sarah and her two kids, LeeAnn and Mason.

I added this just because. :)


Evansville Weekend:



The weekend we were in Evansville was the time of the Fall Festival. It is the 2nd oldest festival in the country and is just HUGE...several blocks of food booths, rides, games, etc. We pigged out, as usual, but we ventured into the kid section for the second time in many years (went with my niece years ago). Eli loved riding the rides and having daddy win him a prize. I ran a 1/2 marathon that Sunday too, so I had to limit my intake on grease. I actually had one of my best times ever and won my age group, so it worked out okay!

Visit from Uncle Tim:



Tim stayed with us one night recently while he was touring. We loved having him and after a little bit of warm-up time, Eli and Evan were all about him too! Eli still talks about him staying with us.


Our Neighborhood Park:







We have a great park less than 5 minutes from our house. We often will go and have a picnic, let Eli play on the playground, and then we'll walk the beautiful trails. We are going to miss it a lot when we move.
P.S. I love this Halloween outfit on Evan! He's wearing it once a week until Halloween. :)


No comments: